CollectionAaron Copland Collection The first release of the online collection contains approximately 1,000 items that yield a total of about 5,000 images. These items date from 1899 to 1981, with most from the 1920s through...
- Contributor: Copland, Aaron - Kraft, Victor
- Date: 1841
Collection Items: View 982 Items
CollectionBronislava Nijinska Collection The collection of notable dancer, choreographer and teacher Bronislava Nijinska (1891-1972) contains a diverse variety of materials documenting dance and the arts in the twentieth century. Available here are over 200 collection...
- Contributor: Nijinska, Bronislava
- Date: 1891
Collection Items: View 210 Items
CollectionCoptic Orthodox Liturgical Chant and Hymnody With its roots in Ancient Egyptian music, Coptic Christian chant is one of the oldest liturgical genres still performed today. Drawing on the Ragheb Moftah Collection, this presentation explores some of the...
- Contributor: Moftah, Ragheb - Newlandsmith, Ernest - Tóth, Margit - Wilson, Marian Robertson
- Date: 1926
Collection Items: View 368 Items
CollectionThe Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine Collection Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine in London American actor, singer and comedian Danny Kaye arrives with his wife, Sylvia Fine, for an appearance in London. November 1948. Following the professional lives of...
- Contributor: Kaye, Danny - Fine, Sylvia - Halsman, Philippe - McDowall, Roddy - Dena Pictures, Inc - Kaye (Danny)/Fine (Sylvia) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1918
Collection Items: View 2,054 Items
CollectionFederal Theatre Project, 1935 to 1939 This online presentation includes items selected from the Federal Theatre Project Collection at the Library of Congress. Featured here are stage and costume designs, photographs, posters, playbills, programs, and playscripts, including productions...
- Contributor: Gottlieb, William P.
- Date: 1938
Collection Items: View 6,586 Items
CollectionFelix Mendelssohn at the Library of Congress Made available here are digital images of selected resources on this composer. This collection was created to mark the bicentennial of the birth of composer Felix Mendelssohn on February 3, 2009. The...
- Date: 1820
Collection Items: View 28 Items
CollectionLars Schmidt Collection Swedish theatrical producer, director, and publisher Lars Schmidt (1917-2009) spent over 50 years in the theater business. He began as a licensee of American plays and owner of a theater boat in...
- Contributor: Schmidt, Lars
- Date: 1910
Collection Items: View 269 Items
CollectionLeonard Bernstein About the Leonard Bernstein Collection The Leonard Bernstein Collection at the Library of Congress is as exceptional as its name would suggest. Bernstein, arguably the most prominent figure in American classical music...
- Contributor: Bernstein, Leonard - Coates, Helen - Gottlieb, Jack - Harmon, Charlie
- Date: 1900
Collection Items: View 3,829 Items
CollectionThe Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America See and Hear American History Through Song "Know the songs of a country and you will know its history for the true feeling of a people speaks through what they sing." –...
- Date: 1581
Collection Items: View 98,999 Items
CollectionThe March King: John Philip Sousa Painting of Sousa during US Marine Band era, [n.d.]. Performing Arts Reading Room. An online presentation of selected music manuscripts, photographs, printed music, historical recordings of the Sousa Band, copies of programs...
- Contributor: Sousa, John Philip
- Date: 1854
Collection Items: View 713 Items
CollectionMartha Graham at the Library of Congress (clockwise from top left) The Dance: Washington Festival [review]; "Graham Presents Copland's Ballet" [clipping] by Oscar Thompson; A unique dance by Martha Graham [clipping], 1926; [Tangara], photograph of Martha Graham. Dancer, choreographer,...
- Contributor: Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna ... Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna - Lester, Eugene - Menotti, Gian Carlo - Noguchi, Isamu - Riegger, Wallingford - Rosenthal, Jean - Schuman, William - Skelton, Thomas R. - Starer, Robert - Ter-Arutunian, Rouben - Tipton, Jennifer - Weissberger, L. Arnold - Martha Graham Dance Company - Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance - Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance - Graham (Martha) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1896
Collection Items: View 1,140 Items
CollectionThe Moldenhauer Archives - The Rosaleen Moldenhauer Memorial The Moldenhauer Archives at the Library of Congress contain approximately 3,500 items documenting the history of Western music from the medieval period through the modern era and is the richest composite gift...
- Contributor: Moldenhauer, Hans
- Date: 1000
Collection Items: View 205 Items
CollectionThe Roger Reynolds Collection Roger Reynolds' compositions incorporate elements of theater, digital signal processing, dance, video, and real-time computer spatialization, in a signature multidimensionality of engagement. This Web site provides a glimpse into the process of...
- Contributor: Reynolds, Roger - Daniel, Oliver - Druckman, Jacob - Eaton, John - Gaburo, Kenneth - Ichiyanagi, Toshi - Kraft, William - Lockwood, Lewis - Luening, Otto - Subotnick, Morton - Tilbury, John - Zukofsky, Paul
- Date: 1964
Collection Items: View 53 Items
CollectionRoman Totenberg Papers The violinist Roman Totenberg enjoyed an extraordinarily long and varied career. Born on January 1, 1911 in Łódź, Poland, he moved as a child with his family to Moscow where he first...
- Contributor: Totenberg, Roman - Kolsky, Ilka
- Date: 1846
Collection Items: View 125 Items
CollectionRoman Totenberg Papers: Totenberg-Wilk Holocaust Material When Violinist Roman Totenberg immigrated to the United States in 1938, antisemitism in Europe was not restricted solely to Nazi Germany, but had spread across the continent and was pervasive in his...
Collection Items: View 110 Items