CollectionLewis H. Machen Family Papers The Gresham family material in the Lewis H. Machen Family Papers consists of seven diaries kept by Georgia teenager LeRoy Wiley Gresham (1847-1865) during the Civil War, and approximately 550 items of...
- Contributor: Machen, Lewis H. (Lewis Henry) - Gresham, Leroy Wiley - Machen, Arthur Webster - Machen, Caroline Webster - Machen, Emmeline - Machen, James P. - Machen, Minnie Gresham
Collection Items: View 41 Items
CollectionManuscript Division Web Archive Collection Period: March 30, 2006 to December 2, 2006 and January 1, 2009 to Present (ongoing archive). The Manuscript Division Web Archive includes principally websites of organizations with which the Division has...
- Contributor: Ameen Rihani Organization - American Council of Learned Societies - American Historical Association - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics - American Society of Landscape Architects - American Studies Association - Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training - Center for International Private Enterprise - Civil Rights Coalition for the 21st Century - Dr. Frederick A. Cook Society ... Ameen Rihani Organization - American Council of Learned Societies - American Historical Association - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics - American Society of Landscape Architects - American Studies Association - Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training - Center for International Private Enterprise - Civil Rights Coalition for the 21st Century - Dr. Frederick A. Cook Society - Freud Museum (London, England) - Historical Society of the District of Columbia Circuit - League of Women Voters (U.S.) - Macdowell Colony (Peterborough, N.H.) - National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (U.S.) - National Coalition for History - National Consumers' League - National Council of Jewish Women - National Democratic Institute for International Affairs - National Endowment for Democracy (U.S.) - National Urban League - Navy League of the United States - Phi Beta Kappa - Sigmund Freud Archives - Sigmund Freud Copyrights (Firm) - Sigmund Freud Museum (Vienna, Austria) - Society of Woman Geographers - Solidarity Center (Afl-Cio) - Streit Council for a Union of Democracies - Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund - Library of Congress
- Date: 2008
Collection Items: View 34 Items
CollectionMargaret Bayard Smith Papers The papers of Margaret Bayard Smith (1778-1844), author and leader in Washington, D.C., social and political circles during the first decades of the nineteenth century, span the years 1789-1874, with the bulk...
- Contributor: Smith, Margaret Bayard
Collection Items: View 96 Items
CollectionMartin Van Buren Papers, 1787 to 1910 The Martin Van Buren Papers, one of twenty-three presidential collections in the Library of Congress Manuscript Division, contains more than 6,000 items dating from 1787 to circa 1910. The bulk of the...
- Contributor: Van Buren, Martin - Van Buren, John
Collection Items: View 213 Items
CollectionMary Ann Bickerdyke Papers The papers of Mary Ann Ball Bickerdyke (1817-1901), a Civil War nurse and agent for the United States Sanitary Commission who was known as "Mother Bickerdyke" to Union soldiers, consist of 1,800...
- Contributor: Bickerdyke, Mary Ann
Collection Items: View 97 Items
CollectionMary Church Terrell Papers The papers of educator, lecturer, suffragist, and civil rights activist Mary Church Terrell (1863-1954) consist of approximately 13,000 documents, comprising 25,323 images, all of which were digitized from 34 reels of previously...
- Contributor: Terrell, Mary Church
Collection Items: View 767 Items
CollectionMillard Fillmore Papers The papers of Millard Fillmore (1800-1874), educator, U.S. representative from New York, vice president, and thirteenth president of the United States, contain approximately thirty-five items spanning the years 1839-1925, with the bulk...
- Contributor: Fillmore, Millard
Collection Items: View 20 Items
CollectionNathan W. Daniels Diary and Scrapbook The papers of Union army officer and Freedmen’s Bureau advocate Nathan W. Daniels (1836-1867), spanning the years 1861-1867, consist of three volumes of a handwritten diary with photographs, illustrations, and newspaper clippings...
- Contributor: Daniels, Nathan W. - Richmond, Cora L. V. (Cora Linn Victoria)
Collection Items: View 11 Items
CollectionPhilip Henry Sheridan Papers The papers of army officer Philip Henry Sheridan (1831-1888) span the years 1853-1896, with the bulk of the material originating between 1862 and 1887. They consist of approximately 18,000 items digitally reproduced...
- Contributor: Sheridan, Philip Henry
Collection Items: View 760 Items
CollectionPolish Declarations of Admiration and Friendship for the United States, 1926 Digitization of this collection was made possible by the Polish Library in Washington, D.C. The Polish Declarations of Admiration and Friendship for the United States are a collection of 111 volumes of...
- Contributor: American-Polish Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Poland - Polish-American Society
Collection Items: View 117 Items
CollectionProsperity and Thrift: The Coolidge Era and the Consumer Economy, 1921-1929 Prosperity and Thrift: The Coolidge Era and the Consumer Economy, 1921-1929, assembles a broad array of Library of Congress source materials documenting the prosperity of the Coolidge years, the nation's transition to...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program
- Date: 1999
Collection Items: View 488 Items
CollectionRobert Lansing Papers The private memoranda, desk diaries, and notes, 1915-1922, of diplomat and lawyer Robert Lansing (1864-1928) consist of 22 volumes (3,090 images) located in containers 63-67 of a larger collection of Lansing papers...
- Contributor: Lansing, Robert
Collection Items: View 24 Items
CollectionRosa Parks Papers The papers of Rosa Parks (1913-2005) span the years 1866-2006, with the bulk of the material dating from 1955 to 2000. The collection, which contains approximately 7,500 items in the Manuscript Division,...
- Contributor: Parks, Rosa - Williams, Aubrey Willis
Collection Items: View 2,455 Items
CollectionSamuel F. B. Morse Papers at the Library of Congress, 1793-1919 Approximately 6,500 items from the Samuel F. B. Morse Papers in the Manuscript Division at the Library of Congress have been digitized, including correspondence, diaries, printed matter, maps, drawings and miscellany. These...
- Contributor: Morse, Samuel Finley Breese - Clausing, Ludwig
Collection Items: View 142 Items
CollectionSamuel J. Gibson Diary and Correspondence The papers of Union soldier Samuel J. Gibson (1833-1878) consist of a diary kept by Gibson in 1864 while serving with Company B, 103rd Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, and a letter to his...
- Contributor: Gibson, Samuel J.
Collection Items: View 7 Items
CollectionSigmund Freud Papers Digitization of this collection was made possible by The Polonsky Foundation. The papers of psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud (1856-1939) span the years from about the 6th century B.C.E. (a small Greek statue) to...
- Contributor: Freud, Sigmund
Collection Items: View 2,026 Items
CollectionSusan B. Anthony Papers The papers of reformer and suffragist Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906) span the period 1846-1934 with the bulk of the material dating from 1846 to 1906. The collection, consisting of approximately 500 items...
- Contributor: Anthony, Susan (Susan Brownell) - Anthony, Mary S.
Collection Items: View 55 Items
CollectionThaddeus Stevens Papers The papers of lawyer and United States representative from Pennsylvania Thaddeus Stevens (1792-1868) consist of 4,750 items (7,769 images) in eight containers and one oversize folder. The material spans the years 1811-1927,...
- Contributor: Stevens, Thaddeus
Collection Items: View 107 Items
CollectionTheodore Roosevelt Papers The papers of Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), public official, author, decorated veteran of the Spanish-American War, governor of New York, and president of the United States (1901-1909), consist of approximately 276,000 documents (roughly...
- Contributor: Roosevelt, Theodore - Roosevelt, Eleanor Butler
Collection Items: View 853 Items
CollectionThomas Biggs Harned Collection of Walt Whitman Papers The Thomas Biggs Harned Collection of Walt Whitman Papers consists of approximately 3,000 items (4,126 images) spanning the period 1842-1937, with most of the items dated from 1855, when Whitman first published...
- Contributor: Harned, Thomas Biggs - Whitman, Walt
Collection Items: View 236 Items
CollectionThomas Jefferson Papers, 1606-1827 The papers of Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), diplomat, architect, scientist, and third president of the United States, held in the Library of Congress Manuscript Division, consist of approximately 27,000 items, making it the...
- Contributor: Jefferson, Thomas
Collection Items: View 26,690 Items
CollectionUlysses S. Grant Papers The papers of Ulysses S. Grant (1822-1885), army officer and eighteenth president of the United States, contain approximately 50,000 items dating from 1819-1974, with the bulk falling in the period 1843-1885. They...
- Contributor: Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson) - Grant, Julia Dent - Grant, U. S. (Ulysses S.)
Collection Items: View 470 Items
CollectionWalt Whitman Papers (Miscellaneous Manuscript Collection) This small collection of papers (about 150 items; 1,200 images) of poet Walt Whitman (1819-1892) spans the years 1837-1957 with the bulk concentrated in the period 1840-1891. Included are examples of the...
Collection Items: View 37 Items
CollectionWalt Whitman Papers in the Charles E. Feinberg Collection The papers of poet Walt Whitman (1819-1892) in the Charles E. Feinberg Collection consist of approximately 28,000 items spanning from 1763 to 1985. The bulk of the items date from the 1840s...
Collection Items: View 2,932 Items
CollectionWarren G. Harding-Carrie Fulton Phillips Correspondence This correspondence (240 items; 1910-1924) consists primarily of letters written by President Harding (1865-1923), before and during his tenure as a U.S. senator, to his paramour Carrie Fulton Phillips (1873-1960), wife of...
- Contributor: Phillips, Carrie Fulton - Harding, Warren G. (Warren Gamaliel)
Collection Items: View 33 Items
CollectionWashington During the Civil War: The Diary of Horatio Nelson Taft, 1861-1865 This collection represents three manuscript volumes that document daily life in Washington, D.C., through the eyes of U.S. Patent Office examiner Horatio Nelson Taft (1806-1888), including Taft's connection with Abraham Lincoln and...
- Contributor: Taft, Horatio Nelson - Brady, Mathew
Collection Items: View 8 Items
CollectionWilbur and Orville Wright Papers at the Library of Congress This selection of Wilbur and Orville Wright’s papers at the Library of Congress comprises about 10,121 items (approximately 49,084 digital images) documenting the lives of the Wright brothers and their pioneering work...
- Date: 1900
Collection Items: View 1,166 Items
CollectionWilliam A. Gladstone Afro-American Military Collection The William A. Gladstone Afro-American Military Collection (ca. 500 items) spans the years 1773 to 1987, with the bulk of the material dating from the Civil War period, 1861-1865. The collection consists...
- Contributor: Gladstone, William A.
Collection Items: View 332 Items
CollectionWilliam Henry Harrison Papers The William Henry Harrison Papers, one of twenty-three presidential collections in the Library of Congress Manuscript Division, contains approximately 1,000 items dating from 1734 to 1939, with the bulk dated from 1812...
- Contributor: Harrison, William Henry - Cleaves, Freeman
Collection Items: View 25 Items
CollectionWilliam Speiden Journals As purser’s clerk aboard the U.S. steam frigate Mississippi, William Speiden, Jr., (1835-1920) created a two-volume journal dating from 1852 to 1855 documenting the U.S. Naval Expedition to the China Seas and...
- Contributor: Speiden, William
Collection Items: View 16 Items
CollectionWilliam T. Sherman Papers The papers of General William Tecumseh Sherman (1820-1891) span the years 1810-1897, with the bulk of the material originating between 1848 and 1891. They consist of approximately 18,000 items, most digitally scanned...
- Contributor: Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh)
Collection Items: View 173 Items
CollectionWomen of Protest: Photographs from the Records of the National Woman's Party This collection includes 448 digitized photographs selected from approximately 2,650 print photographs in the Records of the National Woman's Party, a collection of more than 438,000 items, housed in the Manuscript Division...
- Date: 1913
Collection Items: View 469 Items
CollectionWoodrow Wilson Papers The papers of Woodrow Wilson (1856-1924), scholar, president of Princeton University, governor of New Jersey, and president of the United States (1913-1921), consist of approximately 280,000 documents, comprising approximately 620,000 images, most...
- Contributor: Wilson, Woodrow - Wilson, Edith Bolling Galt
Collection Items: View 1,039 Items
CollectionZachary Taylor Papers The Zachary Taylor Papers, one of twenty-three presidential collections in the Library of Congress Manuscript Division, contains approximately 650 items dating from 1814 to 1931, with the bulk from 1840 to 1861....
- Contributor: Taylor, Zachary
Collection Items: View 21 Items
CollectionZora Neale Hurston Plays at the Library of Congress This collection present ten plays written by Hurston (1891-1960), author, anthropologist, and folklorist. Deposited as unpublished typescripts in the United States Copyright Office between 1925 and 1944, most of the plays remained...
- Contributor: Hurston, Zora Neale
Collection Items: View 21 Items