Map Map of a portion of Virginia
About this Item
- Map of a portion of Virginia
- Contributor Names
- Bowen, Nicolas.
- Böÿe, Herman.
- Strother, David Hunter, 1816-1888.
- Duane, James C. (James Chatham), 1824-1897.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- Salted paper prints--1861-1865
- - Covers eastern Virginia bounded by Alexandria, Petersburg (Va.), Lynchburg, Petersburg (W.Va.), and Winchester.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Sun print with red and black ink annotations of roads in Staunton region. Originally folded in eighths, with loss of upper right section. Mounted on cloth backed paper.
- - Civil War salted paper maps. AL-97.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H14
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : photocopy ; 48 x 44 cm., folded to 11 x 24 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1862 .B62
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Covers eastern Virginia bounded by Alexandria, Petersburg (Va.), Lynchburg, Petersburg (W.Va.), and Winchester. Relief shown by hachures. Sun print with red and black ink annotations of roads in Staunton region. Originally folded in eighths, with loss of upper right section. Mounted on cloth backed paper. Civil War salted paper maps. AL-97. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H14 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bowen, Nicolas, Herman Böÿe, David Hunter Strother, and James C Duane. Map of a portion of Virginia.  Map. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/2002627441/.
APA citation style:
Bowen, N., Böÿe, H., Strother, D. H. & Duane, J. C. (1862) Map of a portion of Virginia. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/2002627441/.
MLA citation style:
Bowen, Nicolas, et al. Map of a portion of Virginia.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2002627441/>.