Full online access to this resource is only available at the Library of Congress.
About this Item
- Herblock looks at Communism.
- Contributor Names
- Block, Herbert, 1909-2001.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 1950]
- Subject Headings
- - Communism--Caricatures and cartoons
- - Political satire, American
- - American wit and humor, Pictorial
- - Cartoons first appearing in The Washington Post, 1947-1950.
- - Cover title.
- - In illustrated paper wrappers.
- - Forms part of the Herbert L. Block Collection.
- 32 p. : chiefly ill. ; 23 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- NC1429.B625 A44 1950 (Case X) [P&P] Copy 1
- Digital Id
- ppmsca 23760 //hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.23760
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Reproduction Number
- LC-DIG-ppmsca-23760 (digital file from original item)
- Online Format
- 32 p. : chiefly ill. ; 23 cm.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress generally does not own rights to material in its collections and, therefore, cannot grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute the material. For information about assessing rights, see the Rights and Restrictions Information page.
- Rights Advisory: See Rights and Restrictions Information Page
- Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-ppmsca-23760 (digital file from original item)
- Call Number: NC1429.B625 A44 1950 (Case X) [P&P] Copy 1
- Access Advisory: ---
Quality copies of pages from books or serials in P&P Case can generally be ordered through Library of Congress Duplication Services. Unless photographic copies of an entire work are desired, individual pages must be specified in the order. To select pages to copy:
Price lists, contact information, and order forms are available on the Duplication Services Web site.
Access to Originals
Please use the following steps to determine whether you need to fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room to view the original item(s). In some cases, a surrogate (substitute image) is available, often in the form of a digital image, a copy print, or microfilm.
Is the item digitized? (A thumbnail (small) image will be visible on the left.)
Yes, the item is digitized.
Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be
viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some
cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of
Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights
As a preservation measure, we generally do not serve an original item when a digital image is available. If you have a compelling reason to see the original, consult with a reference librarian. (Sometimes, the original is simply too fragile to serve. For example, glass and film photographic negatives are particularly subject to damage. They are also easier to see online where they are presented as positive images.)
- No, the item is not digitized. Please go to #2.
- Yes, the item is digitized. Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights restrictions.
Do the Access Advisory or Call Number fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as microfilm or copy prints?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Reference staff can direct you to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate does not exist. Please go to #3.
- If you do not see a thumbnail image or a reference to another surrogate, please fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room. In many cases, the originals can be served in a few minutes. Other materials require appointments for later the same day or in the future. Reference staff can advise you in both how to fill out a call slip and when the item can be served.
To contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask A Librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Block, Herbert. Herblock looks at Communism. , 1950. [S.l.: s.n] Photograph. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/2005565812/.
APA citation style:
Block, H. (1950) Herblock looks at Communism. , 1950. [S.l.: s.n] [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/2005565812/.
MLA citation style:
Block, Herbert. Herblock looks at Communism. [S.l.: s.n] Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2005565812/>.