Manuscript/Mixed Material Dīvān-i Khvājah. ديوان خواجه.
About this Item
- Dīvān-i Khvājah.
- Other Title
- ديوان خواجه.
- Poems of Ḥāfiẓ.
- Contributor Names
- Ḥāfiẓ, active 14th century.
- Muḥammad Riz̤ā ibn-i ʻAbd al-ʻAzīz, scribe.
- Nāṣir al-Dīn Shāh, Shah of Iran, 1831-1896, former owner.
- Ḥusayn Khān Mushīr al-Dawlah, 1827 or 1828-1881, former owner.
- Persian Manuscript Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- 1216 
- Subject Headings
- - Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- - Manuscript.
- - Persian.
- - Title from label on spine.
- - Written by Muḥammad Riz̤ā ibn-i ʻAbd al-ʻAzīz.
- - Written in Iran.
- - Paper: white, polished, Termeh laid paper; no visible chain-lines; text in black ink; there are three title pages in gold, blue, and red with their companion pages likewise illuminated; pages have a thin single line border about 7 cm from the edge of the page an gold borders surrounding the text; each page is illumined with with floral designs in yellow gold; catchwords on rectos.
- - Shikastah; 15 lines in written area 11.7 x 6.2 cm.
- - Folios 1b-440b.
- - Included is a typewritten description: "Catalogue No: 28 -- Manuscript of the Poetical Work of Hafez. "Written by the Court Calligraphist Mohammad-Reza, son of Abdol-Aziz; dated 1316 (XVIII) (1801). This manuscript was a gift of Nasser-ed-Din Shah of Persia to his sister -- Princess Ezzat-ed-Dowleh who gave it to her husband. Yahya Khan-Moshir-ed-Dowleh, who gave it to his son with the following notation: 'On this, fifteenth of the month of Safar 1300 [26 December 1882], I give this work of Hafez to my son, Mirza Hossein Khan-Motamed-ol-Molk." The imprint of his signet also appears under the above notation, that he was, at this time, Minister of Justice. ..."
- - Library of Congress. Persian manuscript, [number].
- - Binding old grain dark brown leather; the inside embossed leather of gold background with figures representing a lion attacking a gazelle; other animals are running away and a jackal sits watching the scene to eat the remains after the lion is through.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- 440 pages (15 lines) bound : paper ; 15 x 9 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- PK6465 .A1 1801
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Poems of Ḥāfiẓ.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ḥāfiẓ, Active 14Th Century, Scribe Muḥammad Riz̤Ā Ibn-I ʻAbd Al-ʻAzīz, Shah Of Iran Nāṣir Al-Dīn Shāh, 1827 Or Ḥusayn Khān Mushīr Al-Dawlah, and Persian Manuscript Collection. Dīvān-i Khvājah.  Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/2015481272/.
APA citation style:
Ḥāfiẓ, A. 1. C., Muḥammad Riz̤Ā Ibn-I ʻAbd Al-ʻAzīz, S., Nāṣir Al-Dīn Shāh, S. O. I., Ḥusayn Khān Mushīr Al-Dawlah, 1. O. & Persian Manuscript Collection. (1801) Dīvān-i Khvājah. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/2015481272/.
MLA citation style:
Ḥāfiẓ, Active 14Th Century, et al. Dīvān-i Khvājah.  Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2015481272/>.