Map A plan of the city and environs of Philadelphia
About this Item
- A plan of the city and environs of Philadelphia
- Contributor Names
- Scull, Nicholas, 1686?-1761?
- Heap, George, active 1715-1760, joint author.
- Faden, William, 1749-1836.
- Fisher, Thomas, active 19th century.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : T. Fisher, 
- Subject Headings
- - Philadelphia Region (Pa.)--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia Region
- - Scale ca. 1:43,000.
- - Facsimile.
- - LC copy imperfect: Trimmed to neatline and soiled.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows names of rural householders.
- - Includes text, statistical data, and distance list, and "Elevation of the State House."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - AACR2
- 1 map ; 63 x 46 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3824.P5A1 1777 .S31 1847
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:43,000. Facsimile. LC copy imperfect: Trimmed to neatline and soiled. Relief shown by hachures. Shows names of rural householders. Includes text, statistical data, and distance list, and "Elevation of the State House." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. AACR2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Chicago citation style:
Scull, Nicholas, 1686?-1761?, George Heap, William Faden, and Thomas Fisher. A plan of the city and environs of Philadelphia. [Philadelphia: T. Fisher, 1847] Map. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/79695335/.
APA citation style:
Scull, N., Heap, G., Faden, W. & Fisher, T. (1847) A plan of the city and environs of Philadelphia. [Philadelphia: T. Fisher] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/79695335/.
MLA citation style:
Scull, Nicholas, 1686?-1761?, et al. A plan of the city and environs of Philadelphia. [Philadelphia: T. Fisher, 1847] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/79695335/>.