Map Map of George Town, 1751.
About this Item
- Map of George Town, 1751.
- Contributor Names
- Harmon, A. C. (Artemas Canfield), 1873-
- Priggs, John F. A.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.? : s.n., 1931]
- Subject Headings
- - Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--Washington (D.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington--Georgetown
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Cadastral map showing lot numbers.
- - "Taken from George Town journal of the Commissioners, 1751 to 1789."
- - Blueprint.
- - Includes note.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth backing and annotated in black ink: A.C. Harmon 1931.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- 1 map : photocopy ; 31 x 48 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3852.G43 1758 .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Cadastral map showing lot numbers. "Taken from George Town journal of the Commissioners, 1751 to 1789." Blueprint. Includes note. LC copy mounted on cloth backing and annotated in black ink: A.C. Harmon 1931. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. DCP
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Chicago citation style:
Harmon, A. C, and John F. A Priggs. Map of George Town. [Washington, D.C.?: s.n, 1758] Map. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/88693275/.
APA citation style:
Harmon, A. C. & Priggs, J. F. A. (1758) Map of George Town. [Washington, D.C.?: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/88693275/.
MLA citation style:
Harmon, A. C, and John F. A Priggs. Map of George Town. [Washington, D.C.?: s.n, 1758] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88693275/>.