Map Map of Washington City.
About this Item
- Map of Washington City.
- Contributor Names
- Harper & Brothers.
- Created / Published
- [New York? : Harper & Bros., 1852]
- Subject Headings
- - Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - Shows major streets.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Part of text on verso.
- - LC copy torn, taped on verso, and annotated in ink in right lower margin: H[arper's] M[agazine] vol. 6--1852.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - DCP
- 1 map ; 6 x 6 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 1852 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Shows major streets. Oriented with north toward the upper right. Part of text on verso. LC copy torn, taped on verso, and annotated in ink in right lower margin: H[arper's] M[agazine] vol. 6--1852. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. DCP
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Chicago citation style:
Harper & Brothers. Map of Washington City. [New York?: Harper & Bros, 1852] Map. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/88694041/.
APA citation style:
Harper & Brothers. (1852) Map of Washington City. [New York?: Harper & Bros] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/88694041/.
MLA citation style:
Harper & Brothers. Map of Washington City. [New York?: Harper & Bros, 1852] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/88694041/>.