Audio Recording "When they moved, I moved with them."
About this Item
- "When they moved, I moved with them."
- Contributor Names
- DiStefano, Florence (Narrator)
- Taylor, David Alan, 1951- (Interviewer)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Italian Americans
- - Oral history
- - Interviews
- - Sound recordings
- - Retirees
- - Clothing industry
- - Ethnography
- - United States -- New Jersey -- Paterson
- - Interview with retired garment worker Florence DiStefano at her home in Paterson, New Jersey.
- - Summary of audio segment: When companies moved their operations to new buildings, Florence would move with them; locations in Paterson where she worked: George Street, Grand Street, Market Street; also worked in Clifton, NJ when company changed its location because its building was to be razed prior to the construction of Highway 80.
- Analog Audio Cassette
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1995/028: WIP-DT-A026
- Source Collection
- Working in Paterson Project Collection (AFC 1995/028)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Working in Paterson Project collection, 1993-2002 (AFC 1995/028), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Distefano, Florence, and David Alan Taylor. "When they moved, I moved with them.". -09-12, 1994. Audio. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/afcwip000090/.
APA citation style:
Distefano, F. & Taylor, D. A. (1994) "When they moved, I moved with them.". -09-12. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/afcwip000090/.
MLA citation style:
Distefano, Florence, and David Alan Taylor. "When they moved, I moved with them.". -09-12, 1994. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcwip000090/>.