Audio Recording "You have to know a little about plumbing and electric if you're in the hardware business."
About this Item
- "You have to know a little about plumbing and electric if you're in the hardware business."
- Contributor Names
- Federico, Carmine (Narrator)
- Carroll, Thomas D. (Interviewer)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Italian Americans
- - Oral history
- - Interviews
- - Sound recordings
- - Stores & shops
- - 21st Avenue (Paterson, N. J.)
- - People's Park Hardware (Paterson, N.J.)
- - Ethnography
- - United States -- New Jersey -- Paterson
- - Interview with Carmine Federico, co-owner of People's Park Hardware on 21st Avenue.
- - Summary of audio segment: Carmine knows something about a lot of things -- plumbing, electrical work, etc. -- which made it possible for him to go into the hardware business. Opened a business in 1973 at 22nd Street and 21st Avenue, in an old library building. They moved out, and Sario owned the building. They were there for 2 years, and Sario bought the current building at 348 21st Avenue, and they needed more space, so they moved in and have been there ever since.
- Digital Audio Tape
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1995/028: WIP-TDC-A004
- Source Collection
- Working in Paterson Project Collection (AFC 1995/028)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Working in Paterson Project collection, 1993-2002 (AFC 1995/028), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federico, Carmine, and Thomas D Carroll. "You have to know a little about plumbing and electric if you're in the hardware business.". -08-09, 1994. Audio. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/afcwip003861/.
APA citation style:
Federico, C. & Carroll, T. D. (1994) "You have to know a little about plumbing and electric if you're in the hardware business.". -08-09. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/afcwip003861/.
MLA citation style:
Federico, Carmine, and Thomas D Carroll. "You have to know a little about plumbing and electric if you're in the hardware business.". -08-09, 1994. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003861/>.