Audio Recording "On the Avenue, there are six businessmen from the same town."
About this Item
- "On the Avenue, there are six businessmen from the same town."
- Contributor Names
- Venezia, Ralph (Narrator)
- Carroll, Thomas D. (Interviewer)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Italian Americans
- - Oral history
- - Interviews
- - Sound recordings
- - Stores & shops
- - Neighborhood stores
- - 21st Avenue (Paterson, N. J.)
- - Sanremo Italian Imports (Paterson, N.J.)
- - Ethnography
- - United States -- New Jersey -- Paterson
- - Interview with Ralph Venezia, owner of Sanremo Italian Import Company.
- - Summary of audio segment: RV talks about taking items on consignment, has always done it. On the avenue there are 6 business people from Montescaglioso -- RV, Joe Miraglia the butcher, Rocco Ditaranto sells produce and cold cuts, Sario Petrozza in hardware store, Vito Petrozza at the variety store, Rocco the barber. Rocco the barber had a beautiful barber shop for 25 years in Italy, in the center of town, and he left to come here. And people talked about it. And he was successful here too, you should see the big house he has.
- Digital Audio Tape
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1995/028: WIP-TDC-A009
- Source Collection
- Working in Paterson Project Collection (AFC 1995/028)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Working in Paterson Project collection, 1993-2002 (AFC 1995/028), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Venezia, Ralph, and Thomas D Carroll. "On the Avenue, there are six businessmen from the same town.". -08-11, 1994. Audio. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/afcwip003901/.
APA citation style:
Venezia, R. & Carroll, T. D. (1994) "On the Avenue, there are six businessmen from the same town.". -08-11. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/afcwip003901/.
MLA citation style:
Venezia, Ralph, and Thomas D Carroll. "On the Avenue, there are six businessmen from the same town.". -08-11, 1994. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/afcwip003901/>.