detail ( library employees only ) Writer- Editor
- Opening Date: July 11, 2018
- Closing Date: July 17, 2018
- LC Organization Unit: Congressional Research Service
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: Office of the Director (DIR), Congressional Programs and Communications Office (CPC)
- Grade: GS-12
- Series: 1082
- Availability: Library Employees Only
- Duration: NTE 120 days
Notice of Flexible Detail/ Temporary Promotion
Service Unit/Division/Office: Congressional Research Service (CRS), Office of the Director (DIR), Congressional Programs and Communications Office (CPC)
Position: Writer-Editor (GS-1082-12)
Duration: Depending on the qualifications of the applicant(s) selected, this may be a temporary promotion, NTE 120 days or a detail with the possibility of an extension(s), not to exceed 1 year.
Tour of Duty: Full-time, eligible for Flextime and Compflex.
Duties: Plans, researches, writes, edits and proofreads a variety of materials for the Director’s Office. These materials may include: digital communications, creating and disbursing all-staff emails, brochures, a weekly staff newsletter, features and news articles, and other marketing materials. Maintains online content for CRS’s staff intranet, CRS’s website for Congress, and social media content.
Assists the Head of Congressional Programs and Communications with strategic digital communications in line with the CRS Strategic Plan and the CRS Operations/Directional Plan.
Candidates with professional experience in journalism, communications, public affairs or congressional affairs are encouraged to apply. Knowledge of social media is strongly encouraged.
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities Expected:
- Ability to communicate in writing
- Ability to gather, synthesize and convey information
- Ability to edit materials
- Ability to interact collaboratively with others
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively other than in writing
- Ability to plan and organize
To be eligible for a temporary promotion, applicants must meet the qualification standards for the higher graded position (for questions, please contact Tatiana Callender at 7-1239 or [email protected]). If you are interested in being considered, please submit an e-mail to Stephen Dagadakis ([email protected]) by close of business on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 that includes your expression of interest and a copy of your resume.
Interviews may be held.