researcher/fellow CLIR-LOC Mellon Fellowship Program (Preservation Research and Testing Division)
- General Website: https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/preservation/
- Program Website: https://www.clir.org/fellowships/mellon/preservation.html External
- Hosting Service Unit: Library Services
- Program Contact: [email protected] External
- Interests/Areas of Study: STEM; Collections, Conservation and Preservation; Humanities, Art and Culture; Chemistry and Science; Social Sciences; Information Technology; Digital
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Applications are accepted until December 4, 2017. See program website above for further information on application process and/or email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: MAX $31,000: includes $2,000/month, $1,000 upon participating in a symposium on research in original sources and submitting a report acceptable to CLIR on the research experience and $500/month to support living expenses in D.C.
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Long-term. Program commences in September for 9 to 12 months
- Qualifications: Doctoral Students. Must be enrolled in a doctoral program in a graduate school in the United States (master's thesis research is not eligible), and have already received approval of the dissertation proposal.
- Frequently Asked Questions
The CLIR-LOC Mellon Fellowship Program is intended to support original source dissertation research in the humanities or related social sciences enrolled in a doctoral program in a graduate school in the United States.