researcher/fellow Harper-Inglis Post Graduate Fellowship Program (Conservation or Preservation Research and Testing Division)
- General Website: http://www.loc.gov/preservation/
- Program Website: http://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/preservation/outreach/intern/HIcons.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Library Services
- Interests/Areas of Study: Conservation; Preservation Science
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Applications are accepted until December 31 for the fiscal year starting the following October. See program website above for further information on application process.
- Compensation: $39,000; No health, retirement, or transit benefits
- Academic Credit: Inquire within. By student's home institution permission
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Long-term. Program commences in October for 12 months with the possibility to extend for an additional 12 months.
- Qualifications: Recent graduates in book, paper, photograph conservation or preservation science (within 3 years of graduation).
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Harper Inglis Post Graduate Fellowship Program is intended to provide emerging conservators or preservation scientists who have completed their formal education in book, paper, or photograph conservation or preservation science with the opportunity to focus on a research project while refining their practical/laboratory skills.