student/intern Korea Foundation (KF) Library Internship Program
- General Website: https://en.kf.or.kr/?menuno=3722 External
- Program Website: http://en.kf.or.kr/?menuno=3757 External
- Hosting Service Unit: Library Services
- Program Contact: [email protected] External
- Interests/Areas of Study: Korean Studies, Korean Collections
- Citizenship: Inquire Within
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: The application period is June 10 – July 31 Under this program, the Asian Division will host one or two specialists from Korea for a period of up to ten months each year. The Participants are provided with a chance to upgrade and advance their professional careers as librarians who specialize in Korean Studies and library science at the Library of Congress.
- Compensation: Inquire Within (send a message to the program contact)
- Academic Credit: “The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.”
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Short-term.
- Qualifications: Adequate Korean and English-language competency
- Frequently Asked Questions
The KF Library Internship Program is designed to provide meaningful work experience and related opportunities at prestigious libraries abroad to selected interns from Korea. The specialist will be assigned to the Library’s Asian Division, and participate in assigned tasks for (a) Expanding access to the Korean collection, (b) Improving search ability of the Korean collection materials (Organize archival materials; Compile finding aids and research guides; Modify metadata for digitization and indexing projects).