professional Law Clerk Program
- General Website: https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/crsinfo
- Program Website: https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/crsinfo/opportunities/law-clerk.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Congressional Research Service
- Program Contact: Carrie N. Lyons, [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Law; Policy Analysis
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Initial offers for spring and summer clerkships are made by late fall, those for fall by late spring. See program website above for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: Transit. LC Internal Discounts.
- Program Duration: Short-term. 10 weeks within a spring, fall and summer semester
- Qualifications: Clerkships available to students in their second year of law school, or those who have completed 2 years of law school.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Working directly with attorneys in the division, CRS law clerks research and explain legal issues of current interest to Congress, attend briefings, and assist in writing analytical reports and memoranda.