student/intern Law Library Volunteer Internship Program
- General Website: http://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/law/
- Program Website: http://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/law/opportunities/internships-metadata.php#Remote
- Hosting Service Unit: Law Library
- Interests/Areas of Study: Law; American Law
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Currently full for the 2018-2019 school year. Will accept applications starting March 1, 2019 for the summer of 2019. Applications Accepted from: October-February for summer positions; Ongoing for fall/winter positions. See program website above for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: Inquire within
- Program Duration: Negotiable. 10 weeks - 1 year
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students and Graduates
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Law Library of Congress seeks interns for several exciting digital projects. These projects will provide open access to legal material on the Law Library of Congress’ website with searching and browsing capabilities. Interns will work remotely, reading the material and assigning keywords. Interns will be unpaid, but may use this position for volunteer hours or course credit, if applicable to their school’s requirements.