student/intern Preservation Digital Technology Volunteer Internship Program (Preservation Reformatting Division)
- General Website: https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/preservation/
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/preservation/outreach/intern/int_digital.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Library Services
- Interests/Areas of Study: Collections, Conservation and Preservation; Library Information Science; Information Technology; Digital
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Apply at least 2 months in advance of tentative start date. See program website above for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Negotiable. 6 weeks to 6 months
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students (Undergraduate, Graduate)
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Preservation Digital Technology Volunteer Internship Program provides experience with all aspects of digital and microfilm reformatting for currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate students or other library professional.