student/intern Preservation Science Volunteer Internship Program (Preservation Research and Testing Division)
- General Website: https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/preservation/
- Program Website: https://www.loc.gov/preservation/outreach/intern/int_science.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Library Services
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: STEM; Humanities, Art and Culture; IT; Chemistry and/or Science; Collections, Conservation and Preservation; Science and Humanities; Digital Linked Open Data
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: The goal of the internship is to conduct a research and/or technical analysis project appropriate to the applicant's level of experience that addresses collection needs. Apply at least two months in advance of tentative start date. See program website above for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Negotiable.
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students (Undergraduate, Graduate); Scholars; Students gaining experience before applying to graduate school.
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Preservation Science Volunteer Internship Program is intended for chemistry, science and forensic science majors who are currently enrolled graduate or undergraduate students. This program also welcomes visiting scholars and students getting experience before attending graduates school.