student/intern Remote Metadata Volunteer Internship (Unpaid)
- General Website: http://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/law/opportunities/scholar.php#Internships
- Program Website: http://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/law/opportunities/internships-metadata.php#Remote
- Hosting Service Unit: Law Library
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: IT; Humanities, Art and Culture; Digital; History; Law
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen; Permanent Resident; Visa Holder
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Apply at least 1 month in advance of tentative start date. See program website above for further information on application process and/or email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: No Benefits
- Program Duration: Negotiable. Flexible, at least 10 weeks
- Qualifications: Currently Enrolled Students (Graduate Student); 1-year post graduation; Retired; Any
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Law Library Metadata Internship (unpaid) allows volunteers to learn about research and online searching from the “inside out” by creating metadata and keywords from historical legal material that will facilitate the discoverability of this material on the web. Volunteers are able to work in their home or school environment with the convenience of flexible timing.