student/intern The European Division: Volunteer Internship Program
- General Website: http://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/rr/european/
- Program Website: http://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/rr/european/vip.html
- Hosting Service Unit: Library Services
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Humanities, Art and Culture; Social Sciences; Library Information Science; European languages (excluding Spanish and Portuguese, handled by the Hispanic Division)
- Citizenship: Inquire Within
- Application Period: Ongoing
- Application Notes: Apply at least 2 months in advance of tentative start date. See program website above for further information on application process and/or email the program contact for further information on application process.
- Compensation: Non-paid
- Academic Credit: The Library does not provide academic credit, but you may arrange with your school in advance to receive credit.
- Available Benefits: LC Internal Discounts
- Program Duration: Long-term. Year-round. Minimum 200 hours.
- Qualifications: Non-Students; Currently Enrolled Students (Undergraduate, Graduate); Reading knowledge of a European language.
- Frequently Asked Questions
The European Division Volunteer Internship Program is a program primarily for U.S. citizens (both students and non-students) who have at least a basic reading knowledge of a European language. Exceptions to U.S. citizenship are explained on the Program Website, above. Note: For Spanish and Portuguese, see Hispanic Reading Room opportunities.