Manuscript/Mixed Material Draft manuscript copy of hymn "How Long Oh Lord" by Horatio Gates Spafford
About this Item
- Draft manuscript copy of hymn "How Long Oh Lord" by Horatio Gates Spafford
- Contributor Names
- American Colony (Jerusalem)
- Spafford, Horatio Gates, 1828-1888 (Author)
- Created / Published
- Manuscript copy of copyright 1878 verse, Chicago, Illinois, ca. 1878-1779
- Subject Headings
- - Sacred poetry
- - Hymns
- - Spafford, Horatio G., 1828-1888
- - Manuscripts
- - United States -- Illinois -- Chicago
- - Autograph manuscript, unsigned. Written on verso of Office of David C. Cook Publisher, General Dealer in Sunday School Supplies, letterhead, Chicago, Ill. 1 p. Dateline by author reads "Lesson 7 -- 2d quarter May 18th 1879."
- - "How Long, O Lord?" was published in Waiting for the Morning and Other Poems (Chicago: F. H. Revell, 1878) (printed pamphlet) by Horatio Gates Spafford.
- 10 1/2" x 8"
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Part I, Box 1, Folder 12: American Colony in Jerusalem
- Source Collection
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress has reviewed the copyright status of the documents presented from collection and is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
The written permission of the copyright owners (and/or other rights holders) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for determining the legal status of an item and securing any necessary usage permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
To cite illustration materials appearing in the framework of this site, please refer to repository, collection, and digital filename information provided in the captions of the individual items.
When citing individual essays or features in the framework, or searchable digitized primary materials included in this online presentation, please credit as follows: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, American Colony in Jerusalem Collection. Please include digital filename and/or URL.
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
American Colony, and Horatio Gates Spafford. Draft manuscript copy of hymn "How Long Oh Lord" by Horatio Gates Spafford. Manuscript copy of copyright 1878 verse, Chicago, Illinois, to 1779, 1879. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/mamcol.003/.
APA citation style:
American Colony & Spafford, H. G. (1879) Draft manuscript copy of hymn "How Long Oh Lord" by Horatio Gates Spafford. Manuscript copy of copyright 1878 verse, Chicago, Illinois, to 1779. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/mamcol.003/.
MLA citation style:
American Colony, and Horatio Gates Spafford. Draft manuscript copy of hymn "How Long Oh Lord" by Horatio Gates Spafford. Manuscript copy of copyright 1878 verse, Chicago, Illinois, to 1779, 1879. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.003/>.