Manuscript/Mixed Material Draft manuscript of hymn "Next Year at Jerusalem" by Horatio Gates Spafford
About this Item
- Draft manuscript of hymn "Next Year at Jerusalem" by Horatio Gates Spafford
- Contributor Names
- American Colony (Jerusalem)
- Spafford, Horatio Gates, 1828-1888 (Author)
- Created / Published
- Draft manuscript, ca. September 1879
- Subject Headings
- - Sacred poetry
- - Hymns
- - Spafford, Horatio G., 1828-1888
- - Christian life
- - Jews--Palestine
- - Manuscripts
- - United States -- Illinois -- Chicago
- - Palestine -- Jerusalem
- - Autograph draft manuscript, unsigned. In ink, with pencil revisions. 1 p., on lined paper. Pencil drawing on verso.
- - Note by author at the top reads "in London, Israelites, at the close of the last meeting held on the day of atonement shake hands with one another, with these words, `next year at Jerusalem.' From letter of Miss Dryer from London, Sept. '79."
- 14" x 8"
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Part I, Box 1, Folder 13: American Colony in Jerusalem
- Source Collection
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress has reviewed the copyright status of the documents presented from collection and is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
The written permission of the copyright owners (and/or other rights holders) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for determining the legal status of an item and securing any necessary usage permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
To cite illustration materials appearing in the framework of this site, please refer to repository, collection, and digital filename information provided in the captions of the individual items.
When citing individual essays or features in the framework, or searchable digitized primary materials included in this online presentation, please credit as follows: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, American Colony in Jerusalem Collection. Please include digital filename and/or URL.
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
American Colony, and Horatio Gates Spafford. Draft manuscript of hymn "Next Year at Jerusalem" by Horatio Gates Spafford. Draft manuscript, ca. September, 1870. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/mamcol.004/.
APA citation style:
American Colony & Spafford, H. G. (1870) Draft manuscript of hymn "Next Year at Jerusalem" by Horatio Gates Spafford. Draft manuscript, ca. September. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/mamcol.004/.
MLA citation style:
American Colony, and Horatio Gates Spafford. Draft manuscript of hymn "Next Year at Jerusalem" by Horatio Gates Spafford. Draft manuscript, ca. September, 1870. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.004/>.