Film, Video [Our Day--Wallace Kelly--Home Movies]
About this Item
- [Our Day--Wallace Kelly--Home Movies]
- Contributor Names
- Kelly, Wallace McElroy
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Amateur films
- Amateur films
- - Sound: This moving image content is silent, and was created without sound or a soundtrack.
- - Summary: From Internet Archive: Named to the National Film Registry in 2007, "Our Day" is a day-in-the-life portrait of the Kelly family of Lebanon, Kentucky. Wallace Kelly's amateur cast was made up of his mother, wife, brother, and pet terrier. The film documents a modern home inhabited by adults with sophisticated interests and simple ones. Kelly, a newspaperman, was also an accomplished photographer, painter, and writer. He began shooting film in 1929 and continued until the 1950s.
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 1915298
- Source Collection
- Center For Home Movies/Wallace Kelly Collection (Library Of Congress)
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kelly, Wallace Mcelroy. Our Day--Wallace Kelly--Home Movies. 1938. Video. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/mbrs01915298/.
APA citation style:
Kelly, W. M. (1938) Our Day--Wallace Kelly--Home Movies. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/mbrs01915298/.
MLA citation style:
Kelly, Wallace Mcelroy. Our Day--Wallace Kelly--Home Movies. 1938. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01915298/>.