Book/Printed Material Assistant for A. Dodworth's pupils
About this Item
- Assistant for A. Dodworth's pupils
- Contributor Names
- Dodworth, Allen.
- Created / Published
- Nesbitt & Co., Printers, New York, 1878, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Ballroom dancing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- - German (Dance) -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- - Dance Instruction and Technical Manuals
- - Miniature books -- Specimens
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and full text. (additional physical form)
- electronic resource
- 64 p. diagrs. 10 cm.
- Music Division
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Book. print | 64 p. diagrs. 10 cm. | Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and full text. (Additional Physical Form). Print (Form). Electronic Resource (Form). Remote (Form). The word useful is here used with a full sense of its meaning and importance, for we sincerely believe that “Our Good Father in Heaven” has given us this universal love of motion to music for a purpose, as He has given us the love of pleasant sounds, the love of beautiful colors, and the love of graceful out line, all to share in the elevation of the human race. And this love of pleasant motions, called dancing, being so irresistible in the young, shows that it is designed for their time of life, and that we older ones are not doing our full duty when we treat it as one of the follies of youth, and do not make use of it, as a means of refinement, instead of allowing it to degenerate into coarseness, when it is so evidently intended for a better purpose.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the materials in this collection.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The accompanying videos were produced by the Library of Congress. Note Video Performers for additional credits for video performers.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Performers for the October 1997 Great Hall event: Dancers
Members of The Jonquil Street Foundation, Inc. Ariane Anthony, Thomas Baird, Barbara Barr, Patricia Beaman, Christopher Caines, Charles Garth, James Martin, Maris Wolff. Musicians - members of The Library of Congress Centennial Cotillion Brass Band, Emerson Head and Robert Sheldon, Leaders (Members, Metro Washington D.C. Federation of Musicians Local 161-710, AFM.)
Performers for the Coolidge Auditorium clips: Dancers
Cheryl Stafford and Thomas Baird. Musicians - Boris Gurevitch (piano), Susan Manus (violin).
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Dodworth, Allen. Assistant for A. Dodworth's pupils. Nesbitt & Co., Printers, New York, monographic, 1878. Pdf. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/musdi.014/.
APA citation style:
Dodworth, A. (1878) Assistant for A. Dodworth's pupils. Nesbitt & Co., Printers, New York, monographic. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/musdi.014/.
MLA citation style:
Dodworth, Allen. Assistant for A. Dodworth's pupils. Nesbitt & Co., Printers, New York, monographic, 1878. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/musdi.014/>.