Book/Printed Material How to become successful teachers of the art of dancing, in conjunction with how to manage a favor-german Art of instructing and the "favor-german"
About this Item
- How to become successful teachers of the art of dancing, in conjunction with how to manage a favor-german
- Other Title
- Art of instructing and the "favor-german"
- Contributor Names
- Grant, Horatio N.
- Created / Published
- [Kraft & Stern, Printers], Buffalo, N.Y, c1893, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Dance -- Study and teaching
- - Dance Instruction and Physical Culture
- - by Prof. H.N. Grant. (statement of responsibility)
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and full text. (additional physical form)
- electronic resource
- 32 p. diagrs. 24 cm.
- Music Division
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Book. print | 32 p. diagrs. 24 cm. | by Prof. H.N. Grant. (Statement Of Responsibility). Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and full text. (Additional Physical Form). Print (Form). Electronic Resource (Form). Remote (Form). Continue removing a chair each time until but two couple are left, and but one chair, and the couple who succeeds in seating partner the last, may remain on the floor for the next set, now let the next two couple from each side waltz, making the five couples again, and replace the chairs, etc.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the materials in this collection.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The accompanying videos were produced by the Library of Congress. Note Video Performers for additional credits for video performers.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Performers for the October 1997 Great Hall event: Dancers
Members of The Jonquil Street Foundation, Inc. Ariane Anthony, Thomas Baird, Barbara Barr, Patricia Beaman, Christopher Caines, Charles Garth, James Martin, Maris Wolff. Musicians - members of The Library of Congress Centennial Cotillion Brass Band, Emerson Head and Robert Sheldon, Leaders (Members, Metro Washington D.C. Federation of Musicians Local 161-710, AFM.)
Performers for the Coolidge Auditorium clips: Dancers
Cheryl Stafford and Thomas Baird. Musicians - Boris Gurevitch (piano), Susan Manus (violin).
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Grant, Horatio N. How to Become Successful Teachers of the Art of Dancing, in Conjunction With How to Manage a Favor-German. [Kraft & Stern, Printers, Buffalo, N.Y, monographic, 1893] Pdf. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/musdi.089/.
APA citation style:
Grant, H. N. (1893) How to Become Successful Teachers of the Art of Dancing, in Conjunction With How to Manage a Favor-German. [Kraft & Stern, Printers, Buffalo, N.Y, monographic] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/musdi.089/.
MLA citation style:
Grant, Horatio N. How to Become Successful Teachers of the Art of Dancing, in Conjunction With How to Manage a Favor-German. [Kraft & Stern, Printers, Buffalo, N.Y, monographic, 1893] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/musdi.089/>.