Book/Printed Material Trattato teorico-prattico di ballo
About this Item
- Trattato teorico-prattico di ballo
- Contributor Names
- Magri, Gennaro -- fl. 1779
- Created / Published
- V. Orsino, Napoli, 1779, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Dance -- Handbooks, manuals, etc -- Early works to 1800
- - Dance music -- History and criticism
- - Dance Instruction and Technical Manuals
- - Theatrical Dance
- - Notation for Dance
- - Music for Dance
- - Italy -- Naples
- - di Gennaro Magri ... (statement of responsibility)
- - The engraved plates consist of diagrammed dances, most with accompanying dance music, which was composed by Magri, De Dominicis, Di Gennaro, Giuliano, A. Montoro, F. Piombanti, G. Rava, Sangro di S. Severo, and Scotti.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images. (additional physical form)
- electronic resource
- 2 v. in 1. 22 pl. (part fold.) 22 cm.
- Music Division
- Online Format
- Biography. Book. print | 2 v. in 1. 22 pl. (part fold.) 22 cm. | di Gennaro Magri ... (Statement Of Responsibility). The engraved plates consist of diagrammed dances, most with accompanying dance music, which was composed by Magri, De Dominicis, Di Gennaro, Giuliano, A. Montoro, F. Piombanti, G. Rava, Sangro di S. Severo, and Scotti. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images. (Additional Physical Form). Print (Form). Electronic Resource (Form). Remote (Form).
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the materials in this collection.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The accompanying videos were produced by the Library of Congress. Note Video Performers for additional credits for video performers.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Performers for the October 1997 Great Hall event: Dancers
Members of The Jonquil Street Foundation, Inc. Ariane Anthony, Thomas Baird, Barbara Barr, Patricia Beaman, Christopher Caines, Charles Garth, James Martin, Maris Wolff. Musicians - members of The Library of Congress Centennial Cotillion Brass Band, Emerson Head and Robert Sheldon, Leaders (Members, Metro Washington D.C. Federation of Musicians Local 161-710, AFM.)
Performers for the Coolidge Auditorium clips: Dancers
Cheryl Stafford and Thomas Baird. Musicians - Boris Gurevitch (piano), Susan Manus (violin).
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Magri, Gennaro. Trattato Teorico-Prattico DI Ballo. V. Orsino, Napoli, monographic, 1779. Image. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/musdi.115/.
APA citation style:
Magri, G. (1779) Trattato Teorico-Prattico DI Ballo. V. Orsino, Napoli, monographic. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/musdi.115/.
MLA citation style:
Magri, Gennaro. Trattato Teorico-Prattico DI Ballo. V. Orsino, Napoli, monographic, 1779. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/musdi.115/>.