Book/Printed Material Course of instruction in dancing and aesthetic development of the body
About this Item
- Course of instruction in dancing and aesthetic development of the body
- Contributor Names
- Segadlo, L. F.
- Created / Published
- Newark, N.J, c1889, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Dance
- - Quadrille (Dance) -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- - Dance Instruction and Physical Culture
- - [by] L. F. Segadlo ... (statement of responsibility)
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and full text. (additional physical form)
- electronic resource
-  p. illus. 20 cm.
- Music Division
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- Book. print |  p. illus. 20 cm. | [by] L. F. Segadlo ... (Statement Of Responsibility). Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as facsimile page images and full text. (Additional Physical Form). Print (Form). Electronic Resource (Form). Remote (Form). 5th Number, or Finale—All chasse right and left to corners, 8 bars. Four ladies chain, 8 bars. Heads half right and left, 4 bars. Sides right and left, 4 bars. Heads back to places with right and left, 4 bars, Sides right and left, 4 bars. All hands around, 8 bars. Repeat.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the materials in this collection.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The accompanying videos were produced by the Library of Congress. Note Video Performers for additional credits for video performers.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Performers for the October 1997 Great Hall event: Dancers
Members of The Jonquil Street Foundation, Inc. Ariane Anthony, Thomas Baird, Barbara Barr, Patricia Beaman, Christopher Caines, Charles Garth, James Martin, Maris Wolff. Musicians - members of The Library of Congress Centennial Cotillion Brass Band, Emerson Head and Robert Sheldon, Leaders (Members, Metro Washington D.C. Federation of Musicians Local 161-710, AFM.)
Performers for the Coolidge Auditorium clips: Dancers
Cheryl Stafford and Thomas Baird. Musicians - Boris Gurevitch (piano), Susan Manus (violin).
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Segadlo, L. F. Course of Instruction in Dancing and Aesthetic Development of the Body. Newark, N.J, monographic, 1889. Pdf. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/musdi.151/.
APA citation style:
Segadlo, L. F. (1889) Course of Instruction in Dancing and Aesthetic Development of the Body. Newark, N.J, monographic. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/musdi.151/.
MLA citation style:
Segadlo, L. F. Course of Instruction in Dancing and Aesthetic Development of the Body. Newark, N.J, monographic, 1889. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/musdi.151/>.