Film, Video The Most Wanted Man in America
About this Item
- The Most Wanted Man in America
- Contributor Names
- Evans, Clark (Curator)
- Subject Headings
- - Booth, John Wilkes, 1838-1865
- - Wanted posters
- - Motion Pictures
- Motion Pictures
- - The suspicion that John Wilkes Booth had acted as part of a conspiracy of Southern sympathizers in the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln reignited Northern rancor and helped doom Lincoln's plans for a relatively generous peace. This was one of the earliest "Wanted" posters to bear a fugitive's photograph. Hastily assembled and issued during the few days that Booth was at large, this poster incorporated carte-de-visite photographs of the conspirators, including one of Booth that had been produced as a publicity shot for the actor.
- - Presented in Partnership with HISTORY
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Online Format
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Evans, Clark. The Most Wanted Man in America. Video. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/myloc11/.
APA citation style:
Evans, C. The Most Wanted Man in America. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/myloc11/.
MLA citation style:
Evans, Clark. The Most Wanted Man in America. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/myloc11/>.