Film, Video The Book Lincoln and Obama Have In Common
About this Item
- The Book Lincoln and Obama Have In Common
- Contributor Names
- Evans, Clark (Curator)
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Obama, Barack
- - Motion Pictures
- Motion Pictures
- - Chief Justice Roger B. Taney administered the oath of office to Abraham Lincoln using the Bible of a court clerk. With the brief words, "I, Abraham Lincoln, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States," Lincoln was sworn in as the sixteenth President. The ceremony was witnessed by Clerk of the Supreme Court, William Thomas Carroll, who recorded the occasion in the back of this Bible. On January 20, 2009, President Barack Obama chose this same Bible for his historic inauguration ceremony.
- - Presented in Partnership with HISTORY
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Online Format
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Evans, Clark. The Book Lincoln and Obama Have In Common. Video. https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/myloc13/.
APA citation style:
Evans, C. The Book Lincoln and Obama Have In Common. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://0-www.loc.gov.oasys.lib.oxy.edu/item/myloc13/.
MLA citation style:
Evans, Clark. The Book Lincoln and Obama Have In Common. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/myloc13/>.